- On September 26, 2016
Nadeem Soharab came by a few 3D-Printing Club meetings before deciding to join theClubhou.se recently. Since he joined, Nadeem has been cranking out 3D-prints on the TAZ in the prototyping lab, adding to his already diverse technological arsenal.
1. How did you come to be a member of theClubhou.se?
Recently, I decided I needed to learn more about 3D printing. Luckily for me, theClubhou.se has a 3D printing meeting during the last Saturday of every month, so I was on board.
2. Describe the moment you decided what you wanted to do when you grew up?
Not sure if I’m there yet, I keep finding new callings for myself every other week. Usually I’m very committed to them before discovering something else I enjoy.
3. What do you do in your current work?
I’ve been professionally working as a developer for the past three years. I mainly focus on server-sided and front-end development. I’m also a student at Augusta University majoring in Business Administration.
4. What is an expertise you have that you would like to share with others?
Anything dealing with technology and random trivia. I always tell other aspiring coders to work on their portfolios and keep on learning new things.
5. What are you tinkering with at the moment?
Right now I’m working on modular 3D printed tiles for any sort of Tabletop RPG (such as D&D, Pathfinder, DCC, etc), which would bring a new level of visual immersion to the game. After having talked with a few local gaming clubs and garnering their interest, I’m working on improving my tiles and possibly making a Kickstarter to see how far I can take it. Outside of that, I enjoy carpentry.
6. What are you interested in learning?
Everything, but mostly how to turn my ideas into lucrative sums of money.
7. What is your favorite sci-fi movie?
Well, who doesn’t love Star Wars and the Matrix?
8. If you have not lived all of your life in Augusta, where else have you lived?
New York and Connecticut
9. If you could see one thing happen in Augusta in the next 5 – 10 years, what would it be?
The opening of a Bar-Cade. A bar that is also an arcade, or vice-versa. And maybe the brick walkway in front of theClubhou.se being pressure washed one day. (EDITOR’S NOTE: I think we can work on the latter sooner than 5-10 years.)
10. theClubhou.se Core Values are: Risk Boldly, Honor Your Commitments, Be Worthy of Trust, Give More Than You Take, and Share Solutions. Which core value do you best exemplify and why?
Risk Boldly: I’m always trying new things and testing to see how far I can go. You can’t be afraid to fail.